Friday, December 2, 2011

Marine Corps Ball

This year was the 236th Birthday of the Marine Corps. I love that every year there is a Marine ball held to celebrate the birthday of the Marine Corps and acknowledge the sacrifices made in the past, present, and future of our country. We have been to quite a few balls in the past seven years and I have loved every one of them. This year Brian's unit held their ball at the Union League Hotel in downtown Chicago. We had a delicious dinner as we watched the traditional ball events...speeches, tributes, the cake ceremony, and more.

Afterwards, we went to a cute little lounge with some of our friends who also attended the ball. It was a lot of fun having a night to commemorate all that our troops do for us and enjoy some time with my Marine :-)

Unfortunately I did not take a lot of pictures, but here is one of Brian and I at the lounge after the ball...

No comments:

Post a Comment