Monday, January 3, 2011

Catching up....

I am behind on blogging due to the move and I have so much to catch up on....during October we spent a lot of time packing and saying good-bye to our friends. Just before leaving California, we had a pot-luck style dinner with some of our closest friends from church. It was so funny to see all of the babies & kids running all over the place, because when we first met everyone no one had kids yet. God has truly blessed us!


The Moms with the kids....
....and the Dads

We celebrated Brooklyn's first Halloween at the end of October but unfortunately Olivia was sick so we spent most of the day laying around. We had big plans of going to see Dora the Explorer (Olivia's favorite) live, but had to give away our tickets when Livie woke up with a high fever. I think I was even more devastated to miss the show then she was! (lol) So, we took the girls trick-or-treating around the block and then enjoyed a delicious homemade dinner that Brian's mom cooked for us (she flew out to spend Halloween with us and accompany the girls and I to Chicago).
Olivia picking out a pumpkin before Halloween.
Every holiday I get both of the girls a book-it is a little tradition I started since Olivia was born. Brooklyn decided to taste her first Halloween book!!
This year Olivia picked out her own costume....CINDERELLA (of course) & Brooklyn went as the cute little pumpkin that Olivia was on her first Halloween, which was so adorable I couldn't resist using it again:)
On one of our last nights in San Clemente Brian & I had a date night while my Mother-in law watched the girls. We went out to dinner at a local restaurant named Sonny's and then took a walk on the beach. It was very chilly down by the beach so I didn't last very long, but it was so breath-taking to walk along the beach at night in the dark with all of the stars twinkling in the sky and the sound of the waves crashing-it was the perfect way to say good-bye to San Clemente.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you guys soo much! It brings tears to my eyes reading about your last days here in San Clemente. Love you!

    ReplyDelete