Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting ready for Christmas

I know it is well past Christmas and I am just now blogging about the beginning of December but we have busy and battling the everlasting cold symptoms of the season. So, here I am posting our Christmas tree after we put it up the week after Thanksgiving. The girls really enjoyed helping this year and Olivia became a professional tree branch separator (everyone who has ever had a fake tree knows just what I am talking about).

Our beautiful Christmas tree.
The girls saying "Ta-Da" after the tree was finished :-)
My pregnant belly at 18 weeks!!!
We celebrated St. Nick's day on the morning of December 6th. The girls must have been good this year, because they got some nice little gifts in their shoes.
My mom has created so many traditions in our family that I have since continued with my family. One of her Christmas traditions is to get all of us an ornament every year, which she continues to do. This year Brian & I bought Olivia the Hallmark Barbie ballerina ornament and Brooklyn the Hallmark Curious George ornament. When they are a little bit older we will let them each have mini trees in their rooms to display their ornaments like we had in my family growing up.

The girls putting their ornaments on the tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment